View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 10:25 PM   #8
shyhermit
Connoisseur
shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Thank you to all who replied with your feedback. Your advice is most helpful.

Some more context to why I am looking for a small-sized e-ink device to see if this will work:

1. I already tried out using a regular sized tablet (iPad). This was the obvious solution that some of the pharmacists in the hospital turned to. This solution, however, does not work in practice because such large tablet devices are too heavy to have to carry around all the time in our arms (can't put in our lab coat pockets), prone to drop damage (the hospital said that over two dozens tablets were broken in less than six months when a pilot program for nurses was ran (before my time) a few years ago), prone to theft (tablet will get stolen if it is left unattended at the nursing station), problem with eye strains from prolonged usage (as in my case), and need for frequent charging. The hospital scrapped the idea, so all of us have since been told to implement our own "solution" if we want to use portable devices.

2. The staff who chose to carry around portable devices are all using cellphones solely because they can be pocketed. Obviously, the screens are even smaller so they are always zooming in and out the documents to read them.

3. One major difference I want to point out is that is we are NOT reading these technical documents like a novel. Almost always, we are searching for a specific medication to read up the dosage or formulation or administration details which takes up only a few lines of text each time. This is why I am thinking there must be a better way to do this than using a PDF reader on an iPhone or Android phone. No one in my hospital has tried out an e-ink reader. Portability of the device is critical for this to work.

Last edited by shyhermit; 04-29-2024 at 10:30 PM.
shyhermit is offline   Reply With Quote