View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 03:01 PM   #4
Parsley
Enthusiast
Parsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by everynone View Post
I don't really care about size beyond it being small enough to carry one handed or fit in a pocket. "Phone sized" seems an easy indication of that, but it seems most reviews are mostly concerned with 'bigger is better'. So it's hard to tell if a smaller eReader like a Kobo Clara 2E will fit in your pocket because reviewers are too busy wishing the screen was larger
Whether or not an ereader will fit in your pockets also depends on their size! My Clara does not fit in most of my RTW pockets, but then, the same is true of nearly all cellphones for me. I'd recommend making templates out of cardboard using the height and width of various models and see how they feel to you.

That said, I do find my Clara to be very easy to carry around with me, as well as easy to hold and read with one-handed. But ereaders are pretty light, so one-handedness is probably true for some larger models as well. I personally wouldn't want to go smaller than 6" since the wordspacing starts getting awkward, but YMMV.

I think you *can* use the Calibre content server for some ereaders (for Kobo, I'm pretty sure it works with KOReader and maybe also the native browser), but I've never done it, and it might not be a great experience. Plus, kobos will sync metadata over USB, and I personally value having the ability to use Calibre to organize books by series and by genre.

No experience with the Boox Palma, sorry!
Parsley is offline   Reply With Quote