View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 12:23 PM   #9533
applegaa
Connoisseur
applegaa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamille3 View Post
Oh god I really hope it gets implemented back otherwise a lot of my already downloaded book series will lose their chapter summaries when a new chapter update arrives

I've seen quite a few authors I follow not putting a series intro so summary field stays blank. This is why I feel the separate chapter summaries were so good.
The current Series feature is new and still listed as Beta. I don't believe the old method of creating series even allowed authors to add a description or introduction like the new beta version does, as I don't see them on old series by authors who include them on their current series.

Short Description is now a required field (along with Series Title), so any series lacking a description is older than the current series feature. Series Introduction is an optional field. The only other options when creating a series is the story list, sort order of those stories, and the In Progress/Complete setting.

In a perfect world where we didn't have to depend on JimmXinu's slave labor (), we would get the series introduction followed by the series description and each of the chapter descriptions.

- Andrew
applegaa is offline   Reply With Quote