View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 11:51 AM   #43
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
I like PB UI and yes, maybe they are slow (I'm not sure as I haven't tried any other brand), but I find it not annoying so I ordered another PB device. Era will join my InkPad 4. I like reading on it and that is the point. I also like the send-by-email feature (so I can send ebooks via email from my Calibre). Also, the PB Cloud is nice to sync between devices.
I like the PocketBook interface and features also. I especially like that ADE is built-in so, in a pinch, I can borrow or buy directly on the PocketBook — and not just from one (designated) eBook store. It's actually easier, however, to buy from an eBook store (like ebooks.com) with my computer and just send the ACSM file to the PocketBook using Send-to-PocketBook via email (or directly, via USB cable). Same with borrowing from Overdrive. I like to turn my eReaders off completely when not reading (battery lasts much longer between charges this way). Only my PocketBook Touch HD 3 can be up and running in about 5 seconds. The Nook, Tolino and Kobo take much longer.

That said, I can read on any of them. I use the same font on all of my own books, so the Nook using "Publisher's Font" along with the others where I sideload the font to the device) can use Constantia, so the pages look pretty much the same. Since I don't normally use KePub, the page numbers are the same even on the Kobo, so I can sync simply by going to the page number I left off on — on any ePub reader.

I don't consider my PocketBook slow, but I don't do a lot of organizing with Calibre — just mostly read.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote