View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 08:22 AM   #36
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Frankly I don't know what I'd buy if Kobo suddenly stopped making ereaders. The Pocketbook UI is not good enough for me, the same for Kindles and Nooks. Still, KOReader on a Pocketbook would probably be the next best thing, although KOReader has its own issues, so that would also be less than ideal.

My Kobos have spoiled me. Now everything else feels unsatisfying in comparison.
I actually like their UI - at least the library portion of it. Kobo doesn't let me sort by language, for instance, which is incredibly annoying. To me the big problem with PB is the stone age hardware that makes their readers incredibly slow. Only the colour versions have better hardware and are also much snappier.

And their newest readers don't use the latest Carta technology, so their screens are worse.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote