View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 10:18 AM   #65
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Okay, I fired up and updated my Manjaro Linux Box which uses KDE Plasma as my desktop.

I then git pulled from Sigil master and rebuilt and installed it.

It seems to work just fine with no visible changes in the size or the location of the DockWidget Close or and Float Buttons with and without the double width textcursor on.

That said, the native native highlight color for showing focus is not "red" and instead appears to be a blue-green of some sort.

Update: It seems this native highlight color is chosen from palette().color(QPalette::Highlight) so we can use that instead of red. So no need for a color picker!!!

I exited from Sigil and went to the KDE SystemSettings and changed from Breath Light to Breath Dark by simply clicking on an image of the two themes (just like in macOS).

Then I started up Sigil and it fired up in dark mode just fine with no issues I could detect.

So on Manjaro Linux, all appears to just work.

I agree if we just want to move the Tweak Drag Distance to an environment variable, that will free up space for the Double Cursor Width setting with no extra changes.

@DiapDealer, if you agree, and get a free moment would you move the tweak drag distance to an environment variable and add the double width cursor (and SettingsStore stuff)?

Thanks.

Last edited by KevinH; 04-15-2024 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Changed it to simpler set of changes
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote