View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 08:31 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackm8 View Post
I've Indesign in my package, but my knowledge of it is extremely limited. How would one go at converting reflowable book into fixed pdf with these microadjusted hyphenations in mind?
Microjustification tries to avoid hypenation as much as possible, there is no such thing as microadjusted hyphenations. By playing with the spacing between words and the spacing between characters in a word using a fixed line length, the need to hyphenate is greatly reduced. Unfortunately, this conflicts with basic idea of a reflowable ebook with adjustable font size, line spacing, etc. You can microjustify a fixed layout epub but that is pretty much the same as creating a PDF. What you have is a page so no changing font size, line spacing, margins, etc.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote