View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 06:15 PM   #14
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
@st_albert

Because your font size is not specified in px, freetype is synthesizing the font from something close. Try using a specific font known to be on your system, Then setting the font size in px and choose 16 or 18px then try setting the font-weight to 900 which is the highest bold setting.

What impact did that have?
Well, that was very interesting. The only thing that seems to be critical is that font-weight: >= 800. That one change allowed bold to be displayed, no matter the font size, be it 125% or 18px.

in the original CSS, font-weight:bold got assigned a number of 700. This did not display as darker than "normal" on my sigil-2.1.0/Qt6.4.2 machine. On the older machine, the display was clearly bold at font-weight: 700, as well as 600. I didn't try to find the minimum on the older machine.

Seems like one thing for me to try would be to build Sigil-2,1,0 on the older machine with Qt-5.15.10, and see how it behaves.

Not tonight though

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote