View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 04:23 PM   #9
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Here are the screenshots BeckyEbook suggested, or as close as I can get to them, in case they will be helpful. They are taken on two machines, both running Kubuntu 23.20, one with Sigil 2.1.0 and Qt 6.4.2, and the other with Sigil 1.9.30 and Qt 5.15.10.

The exact same epub file is used in both.

As you can see, the one with the older Sigil and Qt (on the right) displays bold as it should, while the newer one (on the left)does not. The active CSS is the same.

I will pursue the font-engine issue when I get the chance. For now, life and the cats are calling

Thanks for all the advice so far!

Albert
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil-2.1.0_Qt-6.4.2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	386.0 KB
ID:	207586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil-1.9.30_Qt-5.15.10.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	414.3 KB
ID:	207587