View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 11:02 AM   #44
Pentam
Connoisseur
Pentam began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Tab Mini C
Quote:
Originally Posted by jljtgr View Post
Hmm, I had to Google that one. It sounds like a common error message for custom roms on locked bootloaders or when the rom is for the wrong version of Android. Since this is a vendor supplied stock rom, I'd think this isn't the issue unless you're trying to downgrade or flat out have the wrong device's update file.

There are some other internet thoughts about how you got to sideload mode changing things, but I find that hard to believe. Despite my skepticism of how you get there meaning something... I didn't use any ADB command to get the device into the right mode(like other posts suggested). Mine was bootlooping so bad only the power-button 6 click voodoo ritual got me into recovery. From there, I navigated the recovery menu into sideload.

Could how I got into recovery change things? Could how I got into sideload from recovery change things? I would hope not, but random people on the internet put the unreliable thought into my head to share.
I also got into the ADB sideload mode through power button magic (I'm an expert in this by now) and then tried sending the update.zip. However it did not even send the whole file. It aborted after about half the file transfer (47%).

For the previous recommended "adb reboot sideload" you would need normal ADB access, which I don't have ("unauthorized"). so that is not an option...
Pentam is offline   Reply With Quote