View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 08:54 PM   #49
luka
luka began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Bulk delete has previously existed for use by Merge but now will be used in more cases.

There is no easy way to speed up the "Add Existing" of huge numbers (thousands) of files as that requires creating thousands of internal Sigil resource objects and loading their contents into QTextDocuments for speed of editing, then constantly editing and reediting the opf thousands of times to create the proper opf manifest, not to mention file copying and reading times.

You would be better off using a standalone tool or python script to create a rough opf from those thousands of files and using the FolderIn plugin to load it or even use a create a simple epub from those files and start from that.

Obviously using a fast ssd based drive and staying far away from slower network drives helps too.

Literally epubs with thousands of images or thousands of files is an extreme use case.

Exactly which types of epubs have file counts like that?

Even a stats/math textbook that could have thousands of equations as separate images (because it does not properly use mathml) still typically only has less than 100 chapter files of text.
Sorry to bother you, I'm from China. I want to make an epub file of an online novel. The online novels here have millions of words, and there are thousands of chapters of novels or collections. Deleting things or setting up the cover function will freeze for a long time, which is quite laborious every time.
Seeing that you have optimized the speed of batch renaming, I built a new version and it has been greatly improved, so I found the forum to ask if there will be any optimization in this regard.
Thank you very much for your reply.
luka is offline   Reply With Quote