View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 08:12 PM   #47
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Focus border highlight

The solution BeckyEbook has already provided, in response to my request, is working perfectly for me. Any built in feature that offered less would be disappointing.

For me, the ↑↓ 'buttons' on spin boxes etc are only visual indicators, press space to pop the list, press the arrow keys to get to the required value, press Enter to select.

However, what the visible border has revealed to me is that the Tab/BackTab key will eventually take focus away from the last item in the current 'panel' (e.g. F&R->Count all) and give it to another panel e.g. (Book Browser or CodeView).

I don't know if this was by-design, but if it was… why has no one complained about having to press Tab multiple times to shift focus between panels, e.g. three times to get from F&R->CountAll into the Book Browser panel.

The recent addition of the Give focus to xxxxxx feature obviates the 'necessity' for this aberrant behaviour of the Tab/Backtab key when it's being used to navigate the UI. If it were my call I would get rid of it… you already have a far better solution.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote