View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 07:40 AM   #3
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
The process I WAS using was:

1. Covert PDF to B&W using ghostscript
2. Use Kindle create to a print-replica kindle file and import the PDF
3. Use Kindle Previewer + Calibre to generate the kfx
3. Sync (side load) the kfx to the Kindle

When I did this, I DID get a cover. But Kindle Create does a horrible job of converting the book. I can't hilight the book anywhere and annotate it. except on some pages. Embedded linls in the PDF don't always work, and I can't search the book.

The only way to reliably get the PDF converted is to use the Send to Kindle feature.

I think the missing cover is a not an MTP thing. I think it's a KFX thing. From some thread I saw on here, If Kindle Previewer doesn't create a cover at the time it generates the KFX, then youi can't add a cover later.

Last edited by apastuszak; 04-11-2024 at 07:45 AM.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote