View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 06:47 PM   #28
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@KevinH - Thanks for checking all that.

For me at least, an EnvVar for drawing a coloured border around the control that has focus is sufficient. If you make it a Preference setting someone is bound to ask for a shortcut, an on/off toggle in a menu, and a toolbar button

As for the Text cursor issues (to me a caret is a ^), I'm happy to leave it be.

I don't understand why so many applications respect the Windows text cursor width setting in single line text boxes - where I think it's least needed, but disregard it in multi-line text text boxes - where I think it's most needed. It's not a Qt specific thing.

Back when 'expert systems' were the go, I had something that had width and colour settings for its text cursor - would have been on OS/2 or Apple Lisa.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-10-2024 at 06:50 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote