View Single Post
Old 04-06-2024, 09:16 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post

All seriousness aside, it matters when one needs to go back and debug something later. I am not looking forward to that when some standard/assumption/file format changes down the road — and it will happen; I remember the "WordStar standard file format" all too well (I'm old; I also remember EBCDIC character coding).

Yes. In museums. That said, I have a working external 5.25" floppy drive I backended into a USB interface with a soldering iron, some ingenuity, and breadboarding skillz from the 70s — if I can find the bloody power cable...

Not to mention the collection of five-pin DIN-connector spare keyboards.
I have a ton of those 4 pin Molex 'Y', a couple of 5 pin, ps2 keyboards . I did get rid of the 360K and 1.2M 5.25 floppies .
find an old AT class PSU and cut the cables off, but I think Amazon has adapters (for either way )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote