View Single Post
Old 04-06-2024, 11:02 AM   #13
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_pluto View Post
Okay, so I got 90% of what I wanted changed. The last thing is gonna needs some digging as I wanna change the margin-top/margin-bottom (or even just the margin in general) for the <p> tag.

ex. in plain html:
Code:
<p style="margin:0.5em 0">
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_pluto View Post
So here is an example of what I have going on (still figuring out how to get the screenshot feature working, so I had to settle for taking a picture with my phone for now....). I'd like to change the margins to be less than half, more than what <br/> would allow for between the paragraphs (if at all possible). Bonus points for text indent maybe if possible?
Did any of your 90% success involve using kobopatch? If so I think the remaining 10% (including text-indent) can be done with a small addition to one of the existing patches. I need to know which of the 3 synopsis patches you decided to enable to achieve what you've done so far.

The patch named Custom synopsis details line spacing would be the safest one to customise with the extra <p> tag CSS required for your 10%.

BTW I don't think you need to take the living-dangerously option of manually editing calibre's database to remove the automatic linefeed chars in the calibre comments field. You should be able to do that using a calibre Metadata Plugboard with the template language. Comments is one of the fields available for on-the-fly modifying during calibre's send-to-device plus the calibre Kobo driver (KOBOTOUCH/KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED) option of automatic metadata update on every USB connect. All that should be needed is a simple replace '\n' with ''.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote