View Single Post
Old 04-06-2024, 01:08 AM   #11
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_pluto View Post
If you're taking about the empty paragraph/line that is inserted at the beginning of the description there is actually a way around it! I figured it out when I was poking my nose through the sqlite file for the database of the books checking to see what was there.

All you have to do is do a mass search/replace selecting the comments section as your field and enter

Code:
<div>¶*

(*basically div and a paragraph space)
And voila, you can get rid of that pesky empty line at the top of your book description! If you wanna be super clean, do the same above with the search/replace by searching and removing "</div>" so both the opening and closing tags are gone, but bob's your uncle. The only thing to keep in mind about this is that anytime you go in to edit a book's metadata individually, you'll have to go back and do this again, as calibre tends to re-enter the div tags back in. It's not perfect, but it's something.
No, I'm talking about empty lines between every paragraph, not just in the beginning.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote