View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 02:40 AM   #1
Jaws
JCL Punch-Card Collector
Jaws began at the beginning.

Device: Aggressively Device Independent
Internal Filenames AZW/KFX --> Epub

When converting books from AZW and KFX formats (and, in my recollection, mobi) to Epub, the cover is assigned the filename (inside the epub, visible in the editor) "titlepage.xhtml," which is then marked as the "cover." Usually (sometimes there's a duplicate at the bottom of the epub text\ file list that's marked as the cover).

The W3C documents don't specify a name for the cover, or for the title page, but it's a lot easier if I need to go back later if the "wrapper parts" of a book are named consistently. So I end up manually renaming... which is annoying for a batch conversion... and leads to a two-part question:

(1) Is the postconversion filename for "titlepage.xhtml from Kindle-family files to epub" hardcoded into Calibre?

(2) If it is, instead, somehow available for user choice, how would a user do that (and have that choice persist through version updates)?

If this is just not possible, it's just not possible... but when version 8 gets released, maybemaybemaybe reset anything that's hardcoded in Calibre so it calls the cover "cover.xhtml" (or "coverpage.xhtml" if there's possible confusion with "cover.jpeg"/"cover.jpg") instead?
Jaws is offline   Reply With Quote