View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 10:57 AM   #1
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Pocket on Kobo is losing formatting

I'm following an author who self-publishes a web serial. I thought that I could save each chapter in Pocket for easier reading on my Kobo, but some important formatting is getting lost. Specifically, section breaks vanish.

On the website, a section break looks like this:

And the HTML for that section looks like this:

However, when I save the article through Pocket and read it on my Kobo, the section break vanishes:

And the HTML in the Articles folder on the Kobo is really weird at that point, the line vanishes entirely:

I also tried using FanFicFare, but (a) it doesn't recognize the author's website and (b) I don't want to have to sync from my computer.

So, two questions:

(1) Is there a better way to transfer web pages to my kobo without syncing on my computer? Something leveraging send.djazz perhaps? I thought the URL feature on djazz would accomplish that, but that's not what that does.

(2) Which company is in charge of the Pocket to Kobo code? I'd like to send this issue to the appropriate people.

The examples above are taken from Arc 1 Chapter 5 of CLAW by Wildbow. This happens with every section break so far.

Last edited by fogice; 04-01-2024 at 12:02 PM.
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote