View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Amazon obviously know the serial number (& so PID) of all the Kindles that they've sold. So you can't generate a fake Kindle Serial Number/PID.

For the iPhone/iPod they generate the PID from the UDID which is available through iTunes. I very much doubt that Apple have supplied Amazon with a complete list of UDIDs of devices that have downloaded the Kindle App for iPhone/iPod, so I suppose it should be possible to generate a fake UDID and use that.

Of course, if Amazon find out, their Terms and Conditions allow them to close your account without notice, cutting off access to all your purchased ebooks. I wouldn't bother myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
What we really need is a generator that will create a 'valid' Kindle PID from a Mobi PID - or even better, from a WinXP processor ID/serial number - so that we can register it for downloading Kindle ebooks. I can't afford to shell out for a Kindle or even an iPhone/iPod Touch, and Amazon doesn't seem too eager to sell Kindle ebooks without the customer FIRST shelling out for these two expensive items.

Anybody up to this?

Derek
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote