View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 10:17 AM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
I said no, but misunderstood the question. I would never change an author’s text, even to fix a misspelling. But I do import books in Calibre, and might add descriptions, fix formats, that sort of thing.
A misspelling may not be the author's text. I've seen some eBooks that were scanned and OCRed and had errors because the people making the eBook did not bother to properly check for errors. The errors were not the author's text.

Also, I've read in some cases where the author mentioned a mistake in the text and I was then able to go and fix it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote