View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 10:08 AM   #70
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
I guess we are trying to make a distinction between...

Incidental Changes - changes that happen automatically because you have tidied up some metadata which Calibre and Sigil then automatically flow into the ebook
and
Comprehensive editing - pre-planned changes that affect the structure, layout, look and feel of the book by adjusting css, xml tags, tables, lists etc etc

And I am assuming that editing the ebook, does not mean editing the story text. For me that is a no-no, except to fix typ-o's.
I do edit the text sometimes. I remove spaces around em-dashes and around ellipses. I don't like the spaces.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote