View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 06:05 PM   #2880
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinp View Post
I recall from a previous Kobo device some years back, that it was possible to remove tiles from the home screen. I can't see the functionality in this plugin anymore, and searching on the web suggests it might no tbe possible with the more recent firmware (I'm now using v4.38). Is this correct? I've tried the Kobo main and extended driver, but can't see any options to dismiss or add tiles.
The tiles no longer exist on modern firmwares:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As you list your device as a Libra H2O, you cannot ever have seen the tiles that these function are for. This was for firmware before version 4.4.0 which had a completely different home screen. On that, the tiles changed and were not in the fixed positions that the current home screen has. These tiles could be dismissed. The function in the plugin could set tiles not to be shown. But, it does not work with the current home screen.

The only way to remove the tiles on the current home screen is with patches. If you patch the firmware, it has to be done each time the firmware is updated.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote