View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 07:13 AM   #2870
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Kobo Utilities checks the database before it does a backup so you cannot have a corrupt backup.
There are *two* databases. One is encrypted, so calibre can't check it.

And also, I've found that the database check doesn't catch all the corruption.
I think some of the corruption leaves the database structure intact but scrambles the data itself.

I've wondered if it could check for the wal and shm files for both databases and abort if either exists. Or maybe it does already and that's not enough? Idunno.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote