View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 12:16 AM   #1
jugaor
Enthusiast
jugaor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10Gen / Kobo Aura HD / Nook STR
Some ideas

Hello, Sigil developers!
As a new version is coming, I would like to share some humble ideas, in case it is possible to consider/add them.

1. When using RegEx Rename…, could the Rename Table show only the files that will change?

(in this example, don't show the last two in the second column).

2. When using Reformat CSS, Multiple Lines Per Style, could the tags/classes be separated? (i.e. add a space after each comma: this makes it visually clearer).
For example:
Code:
h1+p, h2 + p, .classA>p, .classB > p { text-indent:0; }
.classA, .classB { text-align:right; text-indent:0; }
becomes:
Code:
h1+p,h2 + p,.classA>p,.classB > p {
  text-indent: 0;
}

.classA,.classB {
  text-align: right;
  text-indent: 0;
}
Note: Sigil removes spaces around commas, but not between other operators (like "+" or ">").

3. In Find/Replace, Options, Regex Options, there are now three possibilities. Could a new one be added to recognize Unicode characters? i.e. the equivalent to (*UPC)
Because, in languages with diacritics/"special" characters, word boundaries (\b) don't do what you expect.
For example:
Code:
\bmonta\b
in the word "montaña" captures the first five letters, although "ñ" is also a valid letter for us.

4. Could phrases (groups of words) be added to the personal dictionary?
For example: alter ego, ipso facto, sui generis, etc., are very common in Spanish texts (they are usually italicized) and it would be good to be able to except them only when they appear together in that order, because there are Latin phrases like curriculum vitae, whose first word, alone, in Spanish has an accent ("currículum").
Now they can be added manually (in the "default" file) but they are not recognized at Spellcheck.

5. More a question than a suggestion: Is it possible to configure it to use the "Sigil Norm" by default? (avoiding the use of Restructure... for new epubs).

Thank you very much for your attention!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RegEx Rename.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	206894  
jugaor is offline   Reply With Quote