View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 11:54 AM   #69
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Unless FBReader has been rewritten to respect the CSS, it's worthless.
Like a boil on my nether regions - your opinion on this topic is one I don't share or care about.

Words of the book appear, I read them, enjoy them, and move on to the next book.

Never ONCE, in my decades of reading digital books have I cared about "respecting the CSS" styles.

Did Stanza have perfect CSS? Probably not. I wouldn't know, because it's never been a concern.

Did Marvin perfectly respect CSS? Probably not. I wouldn't know, because the words I want to read appear - and I read them.

The best looking book app I've ever used is Apple's Book app. Does it perfectly respect CSS? I wouldn't know, but probably better than most.

Do I care? No, I do not.

I care about ease of acquiring and loading the ebooks.

I care about fine tuning the lighting as that's a key component of reading in comfort for me.

I care about the ability to choose the font and background colors - again, for the comfort of reading.

It's nice to be able to choose which font, but do I care that much about it? Not really.

I care about being able to tap both the right and left side of the screen to move forward. It's my largest gripe about the Kindle app.

I appreciate that the Kindle book app and Audible app sync near perfectly for many books. So for many books I'll choose the Kindle app because when I go for walk, I get to continue the book in audio form and then back to reading when I get home.

Do I care about fidelity of CSS formatting? No. No I do not. If it wasn't for you mentioning it ad nauseaum in replies to my post -- I wouldn't even KNOW there was an issue.

So, I don't care. Never have. It's not on my list.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote