View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 02:06 PM   #19
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebookus View Post
okay, so how does one get an azw3 file with azw6 then?
Amazon can deliver either MOBI, KF8, KF8+AZW6, or KFX (with varying image quality) for the same book depending on the device/app used and its software version. I don't have any definitive list of which devices/versions will receive AZW6. I have seen them on some Kindles and on the Kindle for PC app. I believe that it is also possible to receive AZW6 using some version of the Kindle for Android app.

Quote:
how about downloading the azw3 to a Kindle 5 (non touch)?
I believe that AZW6 was introduced for use on the first Paperwhite devices due to their higher screen resolution compared with prior Kindles. I am not certain but suspect that a Kindle 5 NT will not received AZW6.

Quote:
why are they all so different?
Originally Amazon delivered any particular book with the same image quality to all devices. Now in most cases they try to manage book download overhead by delivering a format with lower or higher quality images to different classes of devices.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote