View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 09:39 AM   #2164
sgmoore
Connoisseur
sgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbooks View Post
It appears i didn't install the plugin correctly? Now, adding book again to calibre and i can see it's cover and details. Does it means anything? It's still seen as kfx-zip and i'm still asked to choose an open to open it. PLease confirm it means deDRM failed? If it succeed, is the book file in calibre folder supposed to be something else than kfx-zip?
The extension is supposed to be kfx.

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291290 and in particular the bit

Quote:
If the resulting format in calibre is KFX-ZIP or AZW instead of KFX then the import was unsuccessful. If this occurs make sure that you have both the KFX Input plugin and the DeDRM plugin installed, that you restarted calibre after installation, and that the main book file was imported from its original location.

The reason for import failure can be obtained from a log file. Click the calibre Preferences drop-down menu and choose "Restart in debug mode". Re-import the book and then close calibre. A log file will appear.