View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 03:23 PM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Looking at War and Peace on Amazon.ca, I checked a random selection of 4 paperback and 4 hardcover editions. The print editions show page counts of 1831 pages, 1440 pages, 1296 pages and 734 pages for the paperback editions and 1392 pages, 1399 pages, 1140 pages and 928 pages for 4 hardcover editions. Tell me about the ONE TRUE PAGE NUMBERS again...

As for your screen/page 305 and 97 screen/pages to go? That depends on many options though if you are reading on a Kobo, it does show the book and chapter page counts which for a kepub is close to a screen per page. It is not really transferable to another device since someone else may be using a different font, different line heights, different margins, etc. even when reading the same edition of the ebook. That is the only good item I find with Adobe's Synthetic Page Numbers algorithm where page 259 is page 259 regardless of formatting choices.
And screen size is not relevant as well for ADE page numbers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote