View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 02:13 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It seems fine doing a one-way rysnc, But I only change stuff on one Linux box. Also I use a preset settings via grsync that only overwrites old files and never removes anything.

You may end up with extra caltrash, or extra stuff, so occasionally I do an export, copy that to server, delete calibre library on server and laptop and then (g)rysnc.
The export is then an archive. I might delete an archives export after a new one is made.
Keep both Linux and Calibre at same revision.
I do also have a test linux box and a VM with Win10 (but only a few ebooks on that) out of curiosity.

I use my workstation which has a 4K screen and UPS. I rsync to a server. I rsync from that to a laptop if I'm going out somewhere, and then I don't change anything on Calibre.
I might edit or write LO Writer or plain text when out, and then manually copy via lan back to workstation.

I also do backups using Timeshift and direct copies to Ext4 USB HDD.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote