View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 05:07 AM   #1
Jacques Q.
Connoisseur
Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: quite a few Kindles...
random problem with sending EPubs to Kindle

Hello.
Amazon having finally killed the sending of Mobis to Kindles, I use SendToKindle (the computer version, since the app doesn't work), mostly successfully.
But a few random files will just not let themselves be transferred (not that they are refused from the start, but the transfer never gets completed and I get e-mails telling me so). It is usually rather large files of the "complete works" type (35-100 mo), some made with EPubMerge (but not all).
I tried converting from EPub to EPub, editing (checking for problems and fixing any that Calibre can fix), compressing the files with Online Converter : nothing works. It is as if there was either something plainly wrong with the files, or missing from them.
It is all the more irritating since those very samee books could be sent without any issue in Mobi.
Does anyone know whether there is anything (technically accessible to a not-so-gifted user) to be done about this ?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Jacques Q. is offline   Reply With Quote