View Single Post
Old 02-07-2024, 12:52 PM   #46
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Bu the number of screen flips depends on the size of your font, line spacing, margins and so on. It's not a fixed number.

I've not paid any attention to page numbers while reading, I have them disabled, so I have no idea how they behave.
I agree about the number of pages being variable. That is why I prefer to make my e-books as PDFs. I set the page size to the same as the size of my screen, thus my ebook will look the same on my reader as it does on my computer. It also allows me to insert a Table of Contents at the beginning of the book so I can go to the specific chapter that I want, since with a PDF the number of pages and the pages where the chapters will fall doesn't change. That's the only real use I have for page numbers most of the time.

Something to consider: Rather than page numbers, why not just use a percentage of the entire book? That way where would be consistency when it comes to where parts of the book fall. As an example, Chapter 7 might begin at around 60% of the book and that will not change despite changes in the books formatting.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote