View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 09:18 AM   #19
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackm8 View Post
It felt odd to me as well. I particularly disliked all the teasing from the author that constantly mentioned that the reader was given every detail to solve the case, then at the end he went and pulled the most extraordinary solution possible. Map was a nice touch, though. I always love books with maps.
Have you seen the old Dell Mapback Mysteries? They were just like what they sound -- there was a map on the back cover.

The Mystery Scene website has an article on them here.

They were from the 1940s and 1950s, but you can find reasonably priced copies of at least some of them. I had one of them (it might still be hiding in the basement), and the covers were fairly sturdy.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote