View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 06:11 PM   #1
cliffsloane555
cliffsloane555 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Serious buyer's remorse with Libra 2

Only five days into it and I regret buying this. My issues are about Pocket, Dropbox and paging through a WA Post story.
Pocket
I have sent several articles to Pocket from browsers (desktop and phone). All appear on my Pocket account, but only the one I sent from inside the Kobo browser got downloaded. It also stripped away all pictures and charts, and is not listed on the My Books page. I have to go three steps to the Settings/My Articles/Pocket page. Meanwhile, the many Send to Kindle apps have all worked to varying levels.
Dropbox
I should have looked more carefully, but the Kobo Cloud script is a challenge. My biggest concern is that I cannot see how or where I enter my dropbox account info. It would still be worth it but for the third issue.
WA Post story
The story I wanted to send to my Kobo is this:
https://s2.washingtonpost.com/camp-r...m=2&linktot=65
The format uses objects, not purely text. Kindle has no problem with this, and I can easily page though it. Epub means I cannot page through the article; the buttons move me to the next section, not the next chunk of text. Nor can I use the page slider to outwit the reader.
Both files were sent by the same browser extension, but the Kindle handles it effortlessly while the Kobo utterly fails.
On request, I can post links to the downloaded file.

Unless somethig like KOReader is a known fix, I will return to my kindle Voyage, a lesson learned.
cliffsloane555 is offline   Reply With Quote