View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 11:24 AM   #12
somemail
somemail began at the beginning.

Device: Era, Paperwhite 2021, Libra 2
So the kindle is getting out of the choices. I went to the local shop to check them all in person. It didn't even start after 15 minutes in the charger plus as I compared the opinions on web there were more complains from kindle than other readers. And on top of that I will have to use a lot of things to use it thee way I like.

The thing I noticed was that on the Era the brightness was kind of blueish, greenish compared to other pocketbooks which was kind of strange (image applied). Also the pocketbooks and especially the era seemed to have much less range of gradient in terms of the brightness setting like from 95-100 it was very bright and from 0-80 almost no difference in the changing of brightness. While on Kobo like every 15% of brightness had a dramatic change. So its like Kobo have more control over the display brightness.

After the discussion that was formed I remembered that dictionary will also be a plus as I'm not a native english speaker and I plan to read books in english. Seems like Kobo is winning on that parameter with its oxford dictionary is this right?

I was also wondering If opening the dictionary with KoReader is fluent and can be done with just a tap of the word like in the native readers on both devices?
somemail is offline   Reply With Quote