View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 09:16 AM   #9
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
AIUI Kobo's rendering engine for kepubs doesn't have quite as good typographical feature support as the Adobe epub engine. PocketBook uses a more recent version of the Adobe engine too, so is possibly even better in that regard.
That's true, but I doubt an average user would notice the difference. MR users are far from average.

Where Kobo shines is customizability. I'm pretty fussy and I'm quite satisfied with my patched Kobo native UI, without any need to turn to KOReader. Unfortunately the lack of font weight adjustment on Pocketbooks is a dealbreaker for me, plus the lack of a good English dictionary (both Kobo and Kindle use the excellent Oxford dictionary, but I gather that's not available on Pocketbooks).
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote