View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 02:43 AM   #1
true_reader
true_reader began at the beginning.

Device: Meebook M7
Meebook M7 - such a pain to setup !

Hello everyone.
I would like to explain the pain here, I bought the last Meebook M7 and I was first happy with the USB, high res. screen and build quality but now facing the issues in setting up and sorry to say : it's a nightmare ! I am about to return it back because of that.

What I want to do is very simple : I have a 128 GB SD card, I have 300 epubs on it that I uploaded with Calibre and i want a simple interface with book covers, ability to search by author, series, etc. and that's it. I don't need internet, google vloud or whatsoever.

Then comes the pain.

- Meebook native library management does not populate any book in the library/read icon, you need to open the books one by one to have them fetched there. I tried to do a select all files but no option at all, it's just not possible. I have to open 300 books one by one to have them added into the library.
- Moon+ reader : first thing is that the reader is just looking very ugly with white color font and a sort of low rez grayscale. Didn't find any option again to chnage this, it is almost impossible to navigate. Finally found the place where you define folder for books, I selected SD/Document but nothing. Great. Then I went to the "Import books" ioption, sececting SD card/Document ... nothing.

Can someone please help me, other readers like pocketbook reader are so lame,.... just want something like Koreader or Kobo User interface : simple shelf with all books, I store them into my SD card with calibre and that's it.

Thank you.
true_reader is offline   Reply With Quote