View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024, 07:39 PM   #8
hondabf
Paranoid Monster
hondabf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Okay, so apparently I had to create a new "authorized_keys" file inside the SSH folder, and paste my private key there (without the someone@someone thing at the end I mentioned earlier, just the Putty key) like this:

Code:
ssh-rsa <your key here without line breaks>
and leave the "dropbear_ecdsa_host_key" file alone.

Now it works!

I added the private key to the Filezilla list and now I am in without the need of the "without password" option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
That's probably your issue right there. You need things to be in OpenSSH format.

Last I knew, PuTTy generate its own special flavor of keys, there's an extra step involved to convert to OpenSSH format.

Also, that plugin in unmaintained, so the dropbear build is super old, and doesn't support many modern & recommended key formats (e.g., any and all elliptic curves).
Well, I don't know, the SSH could connect with Putty keys (I used ECSDA because the dropbear key file had mentions to it, haha) I will be moving to OpenSSH anyways.

But also yes, I will try to set up USBNet too in the following days, didn't know this plugin was dying

Last edited by hondabf; 04-22-2024 at 10:24 PM. Reason: add the line that it works now
hondabf is offline   Reply With Quote