View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024, 12:00 PM   #9
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Indeed, but it's hardly ever of value!

You really have to view the ebook in Calibre Editor and it's usually quicker to fix the four CSS for body, first paragraph, chapter heading and images. Sometimes only body and first paragraph, sometimes also verses, quotations, scene separators.

I fixed an ebook yesterday that ONLY had divs for headings, first paragraph, colophons, body paragraph etc. Everything! Didn't take long to edit CSS and change 'div' variously to 'p' or 'h2'.
Adding my own custom CSS would have done nothing.

Also every CSS except headings had 'left' justified and 'small' font (instead of say 1em). There were 184 unused CSS removed by Calibre Editor.
I do edit all my ebooks in the editor as well. Body font, paragraph indents, line-height, justification, margins etc. But I also use the bulk conversion or Modify Epub to remove/insert certain things after I've done editing. Like setting widows and orphans to 1, disable hyphenation and a couple more things like that. It's just too time-consuming to add them individually to every book.

Last edited by Sirtel; 01-20-2024 at 12:08 PM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote