View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 03:11 PM   #18
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Perhaps they do. I do some ebook editing & formatting as a sideline. Some of the authors I've worked with can and will do 'interesting' things to the English language.
Sometimes it takes someone else to see things in your art, no matter what medium, that you did/put there without realizing it. When I was a music major I took composition lessons and the instructor made me perform all the pieces I wrote. When I did a piece for soprano and piano, I had to find a vocalist and her private instructor insisted I come to her lessons so she could hear us perform together. She taught me things about my own musical composition that I didn't know were there, such as one piano passage being evocative of strings and needing to be played that way. It was a humbling experience in a way, but also amazing.

Typos aren't quite the same, but I'll bet skilled copy editors regularly notice good and bad things that authors never realized they'd written.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote