View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 09:31 AM   #31681
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Yesterday I also finished an unusually entertaining biography, American Mirror: The Life and Art of Norman Rockwell by Deborah Solomon.

I borrowed the library hardback, thinking it would have higher quality art reproductions than with eInk. It does, but the hardback color reproductions were still mediocre, often failing to show details mentioned in the text. So I googled many pictures on a PC or tablet, where they were far clearer. eInk, with tablet in hand, would have been the better choice.

EDIT: Only after posting, I read the book summary in my link above. The biography is better than the summary! Exempting when Rockwell was commissioned by an ad agency, the Boy Scouts, or the government in wartime, this was rarely true: "Here was an America whose citizens seemed to believe in equality and gladness for all."

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 01-11-2024 at 10:10 AM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote