View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 12:20 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I've had this happen before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I'm not sure if this would also be present with the regular Kobo driver.

I ran into a glitch where between the length of multiple (long) author names and the .kepub extension, the filepath seemed to hit some sort of limit and truncated part of my custom save path ({#kobopath}/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}) , resulting it ending up in K:\Fanion\ instead of \Fanfiction\.

Thankfully I was able to fix it with a {author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)} to show only the main author, but I found it strange that it truncated the path instead of the filename. Did I make a user error?
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The path creation is done by calibre. The drivers supply a maximum path length and calibre works something out in that. It does tend to shorten the actual file name more than the rest of the path, but, I have seen this myself. I use a couple of different libraries, and put the library name first. Occasionally the library name gets shortened. From a quick look at the code, all parts of the path can be shortened, but the longer the part, the more will be taken from it. Hence the file name part will usually be changed the most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
The original truncated path was exactly 180 characters (setting author_sort to a sublist shortened it to 156) and the filename did change quite a bit. If it had been able to display in full, it would've been 205 characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The driver sets the maximum path length to 185 characters. With it needing to remove 20 characters, I am not surprised the first directory was touched.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote