View Single Post
Old 01-03-2024, 08:54 PM   #1
Gruntbug
Gruntbug is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Gruntbug is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Gruntbug is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Gruntbug is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Gruntbug is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Gruntbug is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Gruntbug is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Gruntbug is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Gruntbug is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Gruntbug is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Gruntbug is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle PW
How do I upgrade to 5.6.1.1 from 5.4.4 and not lose my jailbreak?

Short story: I have a jailbroken PW running 5.4.4 firmware but I need to be on 5.6.1.1 so the Amazon functionality works. How do I upgrade to 5.6.1.1 from 5.4.4 and not lose my jailbreak? I saw there is a "hotfix" at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1597 but I'm not clear if that will re-jailbreak after I upgrade to 5.6.1.1.

Longer story
I bought a used PW (K5?) - serial starts with B02415. Firmware version 5.6.1.1.
I downgraded it to 5.4.4 then used the jailbreak kindle-jailbreak-1.16.N-r19326.tar.xz successfully. KUAL/KOReader etc works, but... it appears all of the Amazon/Kindle functionality won't work on this firmware version so I need to be on 5.6.1.1.

I have searched all through these forums and google and can't find a good answer. Do I install 5.6.1.1 manually then apply the hotfix (and then do I need to reinstall KUAL/KOReader)?

Thanks!
Gruntbug is offline   Reply With Quote