View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 04:20 PM   #1
KetchupCider
KetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheese

Device: Paperwhite 4, Paperwhite 5 SE
Paperwhite Jailbroken! Next: Eradicate Ads?

Hi! I recently jailbroke my Paperwhite 11 SE. I'm running the SE without "special offers" but still see Amazon's recommended home screen full of garbage ads on my Home screen.

I'm wondering if there is a way to customize this now that my Kindle is jailbroken. I've neutered the two OTA executables so I don't plan to update or have any updates forced on me by these. But at this point, I have KUAL installed (seem to still need to type ;log mrpi as the KUAL MRPI helper doesn't seem to work, but that's okay for now) and have screensavers working etc too.

I'm really hoping to make this device more "mine" and less "Amazon's", because I specifically chose this one to avoid ads that the "special offers" devices would display. It just feels super intrusive to take over so much of the Home screen real estate for things that are, at their core, just rebranded "recommendation" ads.

Sorry for the bitter tone, just frustrated with Amazon at this point. Glad to be jailbroken!
KetchupCider is offline   Reply With Quote