View Single Post
Old 12-31-2023, 10:27 AM   #4
muuyo
muuyo will become famous soon enoughmuuyo will become famous soon enoughmuuyo will become famous soon enoughmuuyo will become famous soon enoughmuuyo will become famous soon enoughmuuyo will become famous soon enoughmuuyo will become famous soon enough

Device: Meebook M7, don't plan to expand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Boyue Likebook is orphaned.

Color contrast / brightness is abysmal compared to any current mono eink and 1/2 the resolution.

Kobo: Good for metadata on series, collection, author & title and browse via those and Calibre integration. Good for text annotation export. Sage has onboard handwriting conversion to text, shapes, maths and checkboxes in the Advanced Notebooks.

Android: Assuming properly supported PlayStore, then most ebook apps and some other apps will work. Some are unsuitable for eink, not just video and animation. Any of the 300 dpi mono Android will be similar screen quality to the Sage. There are a few models with older screens, but none are 300 dpi.
This popped up after I was done writing, apologies - the Meebook M7 *seems* to be from 2022, so it should be good on the OS front - Android 11. I'm aware of most apps being unsuitable, I plan to literally just use Tachiyomi, an ereader, and maaaaaybe light games like Hoplite and Picross.
muuyo is offline   Reply With Quote