View Single Post
Old 12-25-2023, 04:04 PM   #2951
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hortensia View Post
Hello, I am trying to customize the "series" display on my Kobo Libra 2. I am using KoboTouchExtended.

From what I understand, the field "series" in Calibre is directly used by the Kobo. However, I have several collections in Calibre and I would like to dispaly something like "collection - series_name".

I created a custom column "series display" but I cannot send it to the Kobo, even using a metadata plugboard (I load the ebooks, let Kobo process them and then reconnect to Calibre to update the series information).

Does someone has an idea on how to proceed? Thank you!

EDIT: After a lot of tests and errors, I ended up using the Action Chains pluggin to modify the content of the Calibre "series" column as I needed. I am not certain this is the best solution as I had to create a custom series column for my metadata plugboard containig the data originally meant for the "series" column.
As far as I can tell the Kobo driver sends the unmodified series. No choice for something else.

However, you can easily create another set of collections with the values you want using a template. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346321. You might want to prefix the "collection - series name" text with some fixed value so they sort together in the kobo collections screen, such as (in random pseudo code) "My Series: " & collection_name & ' - ' and series.

As for your edit, if that works for you then fine. I wouldn't want to flop the series name back and forth.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote