View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 09:36 PM   #411
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This is caused by the changes to finish initializing the GUI to avoid the flashing white screen. Problem: plugin "initialization_complete" is now before widget layout has actually completed, which caused changes made by view manager to be lost. I submitted changes to move the call to after widget layout is done.

Kovid is changing the initialization code, which will probably fix it as well. I submitted my changes in case he wants to make a release before his new stuff is ready. If nothing else the changes might help him ensure the same thing doesn't happen with the new code.
Thanks for the info chaley and for looking into it. I have had a half dozen different issues reported for 7.x users which either have been (or hopefully will be) addressed by further calibre 7.x fixes. Hence why I just wanted to mention on the forums why I am not actively trying to jump onto any stuff being raised with my plugins at the moment. That and a lack of time from my real job/life of course. Hopefully the problems will settle down over the coming weeks.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote