View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 02:06 PM   #406
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
To be honest I have no interest in downloading 7.x again myself at the moment having seen all the problems being reported. My advice for anyone right now is to just go back to the last 6.x version and give the calibre devs more time to work through their issues. I don't have the time or energy right now to deal with any breaking changes.
This is caused by the changes to finish initializing the GUI to avoid the flashing white screen. Problem: plugin "initialization_complete" is now before widget layout has actually completed, which caused changes made by view manager to be lost. I submitted changes to move the call to after widget layout is done.

Kovid is changing the initialization code, which will probably fix it as well. I submitted my changes in case he wants to make a release before his new stuff is ready. If nothing else the changes might help him ensure the same thing doesn't happen with the new code.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote