View Single Post
Old 12-08-2023, 03:50 PM   #1
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Importing PDFs with metadata

I am wondering about importing a set of PDF magazine issues into my Calibre library.

If I import tham via "Add Books" I get poor results because currently the only metadata in the PDFs is the magazine name, and I get a bunch of hard to distinguish magazines with identical names. I need the year and issue number to be imported as well, which matches how the magazines are published.

I can script exiftool (not the first tool I'd have thought of) to write metadata into each PDF.

But what does Calibre read from a PDF and put into things like dates and number-in-series?
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote