View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 05:29 PM   #32
elinkser
Groupie
elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublipri View Post
That's cool to hear you got it working with a smart watch! You should have been able to enable Force Wifi On during the initial setup. There's a note about it at the bottom of the setup page that links to a Developer Settings page which has a button to toggle the value of ForceWifiOn in the config file. It's better to do it that way since enabling devmode allows people on the same Wi-Fi network full remote access to the Kobo.
Well TIL that you do NOT need DEVMODEON to set the "ForceWifiOn=true" option in [DeveloperSettings] in the /mnt/onboard/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf file.

Previously I had thought otherwise due to a goodereader article, and my own failure to activate it with a NickelMenu entry, if I recall correctly.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=353810

I tested it that WiFi shuts off automatically after 1-2 minutes of inactivity, but will stay on if "ForceWifiOn=true" in [DeveloperSettings] in the /mnt/onboard/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf file, EVEN IF DEVMODEOFF.

So thanks for that heads up. I've corrected my previous posts.
elinkser is offline   Reply With Quote